Virgin Media 100Mb Broadband
100Mb Broadband is the fastest of the three Virgin Media broadband sizes available. Virgin have been commended for the high average speeds they deliver on broadband and this package is no exception, with customers getting an average speed of up to 100Mb rather than a rarely-achieved maximum. As with all of the Virgin broadband packages there is no limit to the amount of downloads in a month, all they do is operate a traffic management policy at peak hours to ensure a smooth service for all users.
Ways to Get 100Mb Broadband
You can take 100Mb Broadband either on its own, with a Virgin phone line or with phone and TV as a triple bundle. There is a lot of extra value to be had by taking a bundle depending on your needs – the key is to ask yourself if you actually need all three services, if the answer is Yes then it’s almost always better value from the same provider.
What does it cost?
- 100Mb Broadband without a phone line £34.75 a month – 18 month contract – £49.95 installation
- 100Mb Broadband with Phone M (included weekend calls) £25.50 a month plus £13.90 line rental, total £39.40 – 18 month contract
- 100Mb Broadband with Phone M (included weekend calls) and TV M+ (75 channels and catch-up) £32.25 a month plus £13.90 line rental, total £46.15 – 18 month contract
There are extra benefits with all Virgin broadband packages including online storage, free photo printing and more – full details below the banner.
Phone and TV Features
If you take 100Mb Broadband with Virgin Phone M you get unlimited weekend calls included, which can always be upgraded at a later date to one with evening or anytime calls instead.
Virgin Media are best known recently for introducing TiVo, which is like Sky+ and V+ but more advanced. For example you can set what’s called a Wishlist where you enter keywords based on actor, director or title and the TiVo box will record anything that is relevant to those keywords. You can search in the same way and results will include YouTube as well as cable TV, and one nice feature is a 10Mb broadband connection built in to the box so it can stream web TV without affecting your regular broadband. More details here on our Virgin TiVo page.
Details of the Virgin Media 100Mb Broadband package
Download speed is average up to 100Mb (megabytes per second).
Unlimited downloads included so there is no monthly limit - extreme cases of heavy usage may be curbed by the traffic management policy but you'll have no limit on reasonable use.
Also Included in the 100Mb Broadband Package
There are some nice extras included with Virgin Media broadband - here's what you can expect with 100Mb;
- Virgin Media Super Hub - not so much an extra as an essential part but the quality of the Super Hub wireless router is very impressive - future-proofed to be able to handle speeds of over 100Mb, the latest wireless 'N' technology and improved range for the wireless - also has 4 wired ethernet points
- Free Spotify Premium for 3 months You may have used Spotify before, the online music streaming service with millions of songs to choose from - Spotify Premium is normally £9.99 a month but you get 3 months free with Virgin 60Mb Broadband and above
- Online Storage With this package you get unlimited free online storage, so all of those precious photos and important documents can be uploaded to an online area to act as a backup
- Automatic Backup Similar to the online storage but with automatic backup you set it up to back up certain folders on your PC and the contents of those folders will be automatically backed up online and accessibile from any web connection
- Email addresses One main email address and 10 more
- Support and Security 24 hour online support for your broadband and protection from viruses and spyware thanks to Virgin Media's internet security included with all broadband packages